- Type of Governor: Parent Governor
- Time as a Governor: 3 years
- Appointed By: Voted in by Parents
- Relatives Working at School: N.A.
- Declaration of Interests: N.A.
I have been a Parent Governor at Hurley Primary School since 2013. Since my eldest child began her education at the school I have had a vested interest in the success here. We made a conscious decision to move our daughter to this school, after finding out our local school wasn’t up to our expected standards. We went through the lengthy process to appeal, but it was worth it, and with Mr Morgans (Headteacher) support we were offered a place at Hurley Primary. With our second child now also attending Hurley Primary we owe the school our continued support and gratification, and by being a school governor I am honored to provide my time and assistance. I want their experiences at primary school to help them achieve their full potential so they go forward into secondary school with a good foundation of knowledge, self-confidence and respect for others. I took on this role to become part of the team that ensured Hurley Primary School is aiming to be the best it can be.
• I work full time as a Marketing Manager at an IT Consultancy in Sutton Coldfield
• I have a degree in Marketing via CIM and NVQ Level 4 in Business Administration
• I was a Chef for 2 years and qualified in Hospitality & Catering
• I have two children and live in Kingsbury
• I am also a Member of Hurley Primary Schools PTA